Your home is your greatest investment and at SJB Painting we take every precaution to ensure a quality paint job. that is why our mission statement is ” Committed to the finest workmanship in the Industry.” We use only the finest material available such as Benjamin Moore, Sherwin Williams, and Pittsburgh Paints.
Exterior Painting Process
- Wash all surfaces of the house to be painted with a Bio friendly cleaner to prepare the surface’s for painting.
- Some areas to be hand washed.
- Allow for area’s to be painted to dry.
- Scrape all loose paint off with a sharp instrument designed for this purpose.
- All surfaces that will not be painted will be covered with plastic or drop cloths.
- Caulk/Caulking is the application of a scalant to cracks or crevices including all previously caulked areas that have failed and any areas that need to be caulked to prevent possible water infiltration.
Any bare surface’s using quality primer such as benjamin Moore Fresh Start or Zinsser peel Stop in order to get it ready for painting.
With a basic medium grit sand pad over an area with three to four swipes in order to take off some of the edge, as needed upon request we can use a 6 inch orbital power sander to sand the area smooth.
Upon time of the estimate we will repair rotted boards by either replacing the entire board or piecing it in as required. if we find additional wood to be replaced it will be brought to the customers attention first before any repairs are done.
- Apply a finish coat of paint to all surfaces agreed upon in contract.
- Paint is applied with a roller, brush, or sprayed depending on the surface.
- Additional coats are applied upon request or when specified on the contract.
- Site picked up daily and upon completion of job.
- All garbage is removed left over paint is labeled and left for the customer.
- SJB Painting foreman will conduct a site inspection to ensure the job is done to your satisfaction.
- Walk thru around the house with the homeowner.
- Payment is received.